If you are looking to take your cinematography to the next level and start landing commercials that can move the needle on your career but are having trouble translating your vision for a project from the page to the screen sure, then this is the course for you.
There is a major difference between understanding the theory of lighting, framing, and managing a set as a cinematographer and actually being able to do it when the pressure is on. How do you scout a location to see if it will work for your job? When do you really create the style and look of a project? What is the best workflow on set for lighting a scene? How do you make sure you are maximizing your results?
Getting hands-on learning opportunities for aspiring cinematographers has never been accessible, until now. In Advanced Cinematography: On Set Training, I’ll guide you every step of the way on commercial production from start to finish.
There is no stone left unturned as we dissect Pre-Production, Treatments, Location and Tech Scouting, Lighting On Set, Scheduling, Shot workflow and so much more. This is the future of cinematography education.
Hi, I’m Patrick O’Sullivan I’m a cinematographer and host of the wandering dp podcast. I’ve been a cinematographer since 2009 and have shot 100s of commercial projects over that time. Throughout the course of landing, prepping, and shooting those jobs I have learned a lot about the different approaches a DP can take in their role.
And over the past few years, I’ve shared that knowledge of how to shoot commercials in over 200 episodes of The Wandering DP Podcast. Every week I receive emails from people who have found the podcast and immediately improved their work because of it.
But in the process, I’ve also heard from many DPs and people just starting out in the industry that they need more than just technical help. They need guidance on the entire commercial production process and how the knowledge they have can be best utilized. They need a more complete road map of every phase of the process so they can maximize their efficiency and improve their results.
That is why I created Advanced Cinematography: On Set Training, to fast-track aspiring cinematographers by teaching them my workflows (both good and bad) for maximizing the potential of my projects.
Course information Here’s what’s included with advanced cinematography: on-set training
This course was designed with the aspiring cinematographer in mind. If you’re new to the commercial world and you’re looking for step-by-step guidance, this is the course for you.
– Step by Step Instruction. See a commercial unfold as you start in prep and work your way through to being on set and making last-minute adjustments.
– On Set Training. No more guessing where lights go or where the best angle for the Negative Fill is. Join me on set and see for yourself where it all goes and why.
– Lifetime access & Free Updates. As a working DP, I am testing this workflow in the field each and every week. As I learn new approaches this course will receive regular updates.
– Experience the Future. The world is changing and learning cinematography will no longer be a passive exercise. Experience the location scouts and shoot days firsthand in our virtual world.
What you’ll learn?
How to approach a job and get the results Across eight distinct course stages, you’ll learn all аbout:
– The Numerous Roles of a DP: Each production is different and knowing where your services are best utilized is a skill that comes with practice and experience. Get both first hand in this course as you watch over my shoulder during each step in the process.
– Master the Workflow: I will show you how I work on set to get the most out of my images and why I use a very specific order when it comes to lighting day exterior scenes.
– Build Confidence & Deliver: Once you see how a set operates and can pick up the tips offered in this course you will have the confidence necessary to push your cinematography to new heights.
– Maximize Your Results: Learn how to make sure you are set up for success. 99% of a cinematographer’s job is done before they walk on set. Understand where your time and energy are best used to be certain you are getting the most out of your work.
This course is for? The next generation of cinematographers, Advanced Cinematography: On Set Training is designed for cinematographers aiming to push their skills and understanding up a notch.
This course will help show you what it is like to work in the modern commercial world. Things move very fast and you don’t always get a second chance in this business. Make sure you are prepared and can show the world what you can do by gaining on set experience with a professional all at your own pace.